About the Ontario Film Authority
Effective October 1, 2015, the Ontario Film Authority is responsible for the delivery licensing and film classification services previously provided by the Ministry of Government and Consumer Services’ Theatres Regulation Unit and also has oversight responsibility for the Ontario Film Review Board (OFRB), formerly a classified agency of the ministry.
The OFA is responsible for:
- Administering the Film Classification Act, 2005 (the FCA) and associated regulations.
- Licensing of film distributors, retailers and exhibitors.
- Overseeing the film classification activities of the Ontario Film Review Board.
- Promoting and enhancing public information, education, confidence and awareness in the film industry in Ontario.
- Engaging the public, stakeholders and government to enhance consumer protection and foster constructive dialogues.