- All films classified before September 11, 2018 and after January 14, 2019 are available for searching.
- All licenses issued before September 1, 2018 are available for searching.
Forms : Film Classification Forms
Note - The OFA is migrating to a new database. During the data migration, the OFA will be unable to issue numerically, system generated certificates. However, the film classification team will issue one certificate indicating the total numbers of certificates ordered.
The OFA administers the Film Classification Act, 2005 (FCA), which regulates film and video game distribution and exhibition including movie theatres, film, video and video game distributors, and retailers. The OFA also oversees and provides administrative services to support the Ontario Film Review Board.
For general information on licensing and film classification and approvals:
- General Requirements re Film Distribution and Exhibition
- Information Bulletin: Adult Sex Film Stickers
- Addendum to the Information Bulletin: Adult Sex Film Stickers- Stickers issued August 31, 2005
For a full list of film classification and licensing fees, please consult the Minister's Order made under the FCA.
Submit a completed application form with the appropriate fee to the Ontario Film Authority by email, fax, or mail as follows:
|Applications For Classification||By Email||By Fax or By Mail||For Phone Enquiries|
• By Documentation
• By Documentation - Limited Exhibition
||By Fax –
Attn: Ontario Film Authority
40 Sheppard Avenue West, Suite 400
Toronto ON M2N 6K9
|Films Other Than Adult Sex Films||filmclassification
Film Classification Forms
- 003-2015: Application for a Classification Decision (Films Other than Adult Sex Films)
- 004-2015: Application for an Approval Decision of an Adult Sex Film
- 005-2015: Application for Classification by Documentation REVISED
- 006-2015: Application for Classification by Documentation - Limited Exhibition REVISED
- 007-2015: Application for Classification of Additional Footage of a Film Previously Classified
- 008-2015: Application for Appeal of a Classification or Non-Approval Decision
- 009-2015: Request for Additional Adult Sex Film Stickers
- 010-2015: Information in Support of an Application for Classification of a Film Wholly Produced in Canada